YouTube's Creator's Corner and Videomaker magazine are excited to bring you the first in a series of Webinars that explore the basics of video production and will help you take your videos to the next level. Videomaker offers intensive weekend courses here in Northern California, and they've generously offered to share their knowledge with the global YouTube community for free, as well as take your questions.
The first seminar will focus on "Basic Shooting Techniques" and it's scheduled for October 27, 2009, at 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET. Click here to register.
Because we want these sessions to be really useful for you, we want you to help us set the agenda. Below is a list of topics the class could cover; leave a comment on this post to tell us which topic(s) you most want to know about. You can also submit and vote on specific questions here. We'll use the results of the poll and the most popular questions as a guide when structuring the Webinar. Again, here are the topics you can vote for:
- Shopping for a camcorder: Learn what to look for before buying one
- Button basics: Master the most important buttons on the camcorder and how each of them works
- Light and filter it right: Creative tips on lights and filters that will improve the look of your videos
- Microphone techniques: Get the best sound from your mic with the least amount of hassle
- The art of composition: Simple composition rules to set your video apart from ordinary videos
- Smooth moves: Handheld camera techniques
Mia Quagliarello, Community Manager, YouTube, and Jennifer O'Rourke, Managing Editor, Videomaker